Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 2

Today I researched a tree outside of my school. It was not the basswood tree its called a Red Maple.

While I was out their i herd a lot of birds chirping and many more tiny creatures. The tree I picked outside had creatures on it also. They were ants.
The tree itself was a smooth/ rugged surface with many weird shapes. The smell of the tree was kinda sour to me.


Heres a map of the tree I found.






The circumfrence of the tree is 61cm.

Other: The tree looks smooth with a magnifying class but its really not. The leaf looks hairy with a magnifying class with it but it dont look like that with a human eye.
 
 
Therefore, these are the things I have learned about the red maple is.
-Has rougf bark
-makes a v-shaped
-birds make snugged nest inside of it.
-weeds and other plants grow around it.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment